For the first time in a Honda generator, the EU70is is coupled with an advanced Electronic Fuel Injection system greatly increasing fuel efficiency. In fact, the EU70 will run for up to 18 hours on a single tank of fuel which will help your back pocket.
It also features Honda’s sine-wave inverter technology for smooth, high quality power flow, enabling the EU70 to safely provide power for frequency and voltage fluctuation-sensitive equipment such as laptop computers and communications equipment whilst being ideal for home backup power.
Unlike many noisy generators, the EU70 uses an innovative separate triple chamber construction for low noise operation of only 52dB(A)*, making it the quietest generator in its class.
See more information at – Honda
Important Inverter Information
- Using your Honda Inverter – Before connecting an appliance to a Honda Inverter, you need to check the Inverter has enough capacity (watts) to both start the appliance and keep it running at maximum level. This includes checking both the maximum and rated output.
- Calculating Rated Power – Some appliances light light globes, have a clearly marked wattage. However, most give the required number of watts (the “rated power”) on an attached compliance plate. In cases where the appliance only refers to required amperes (amps or A) simply convert to watts using the formula below.
- Converting Amps to Watts – Multiply the amperage listed on the compliance plate by the voltage of the mains electrical system (240 in Australia). For example a 5 amp appliance requires 1200 watts to run (5 x 240).
- Start-up Power – In addition appliances with electric motors such as drills, sanders, polishers and power saws etc, need an extra “boost” of watts at start-up. This can be substantially higher than the operating figure printed on the compliance plate, and depends on the type of motor. Split phase motors require 8 to 10 times their rated power for startup and capacitor motors need 4.5 times their rated power to start. The more common series motors need 1.5 times their rated power to start up. If you are unsure, check with the appliance manufacturer.
- Parallel Connection – To double your power and duplicate the output of a a single larger generator, Honda’s versatile EU10i, EU20i and EU30i Inverter can be linked quickly and easily using a special connection cable.